Pam Ostrowski speaks on a wide variety of dementia and Alzheimer’s topics based on her 14-year Alzheimer’s journey with her mother, her Alzheimer’s guidebook, It’s Not That Simple: Helping Families Navigate the Alzheimer’s Journey, and her dementia and senior advisor training.
Alzheimer’s Presentations to the Family Member Audience
Because Pam Ostrowski has walked in the shoes of family members with loved ones with dementia and Alzheimer’s for 14 years, her presentations are filled with stories the audience can relate to. She provides details on familiar scenarios, mistakes made, lessons learned, all with passion and compassion for the journey.
Topics for family members of those with dementia can last from 20 – 60 minutes and include, but are not limited to:
- What if what we THINK about dementia caregiving is wrong?
- What IS the Dementia and Alzheimer’s Journey?
- When is the Right time for “The Talk” about later-in-life situations and what do you say?
- How do you know when it’s time to move?
- Communicating with a loved one with dementia
- Navigating a happy transition to a senior living community
Alzheimer’s Presentations to the Professional Caregiver Audience
Sometimes, it’s difficult for professional caregivers in the in-home services, group homes, and care communities do not understand how families feel while in this situation. They share that they feel like families are angry or upset with them all the time and that families don’t value the care the caregiver is providing.
For this audience, Pam’s topics are about 20-30 minutes and include, but are not limited to:
- What is caregiver role confusion?
- 5 best practices for communicating with family members
- How to manage the emotional rollercoaster
Pam Ostrowski has her Masters degree in Scientific and Technical Communication and is the founder and CEO of Alzheimer’s Family Consulting, LLC. She one of approximately 3100 Certified Senior Advisors (CSA)® in the country, is a Certified Dementia Practitioner® (CDP ®), and Certified in Dementia Care® (CDC® ).
Ms. Ostrowski is also the author of It’s Not That Simple – Helping Families Navigate the Alzheimer’s Journey View the book on Amazon here!
If you have a specific topic in mind, please reach out to Pam to talk further.