Pam Ostrowski speaks on a wide variety of dementia and Alzheimer’s caregiving topics based on her 14-year Alzheimer’s journey with her mother, her Alzheimer’s guidebook, It’s Not That Simple: Helping Families Navigate the Alzheimer’s Journey, and her dementia and senior advisor training.
Contact Pam for speaking fees and availability here.
View Pam Ostrowski’s One-Sheet
For the Dementia and Alzheimer’s Caregiver
Because Pam Ostrowski has walked in the shoes of family members with loved ones with dementia and Alzheimer’s for 14 years, her presentations are filled with stories the audience can relate to and take action on. She provides details on familiar scenarios, mistakes made, lessons learned, all with passion and compassion for the journey.
Topics for family members of those with dementia can last from 30 – 60 minutes and include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding Dementia and Its Impact on Family
- How do you have “The Talk” about later-in-life living arrangements with your parents and what do you say?
- Communicating with a Loved One with Dementia
- Navigating a Happy Transition to a Senior Living Community
See Pam in action here on YouTube!
Dementia Training of Resident Professional Caregivers and Staff
Sometimes, it’s difficult for professional caregivers in the in-home care services, group assisted living homes, and care communities to truly understand how families feel when a loved one receives a dementia diagnosis. Caregivers may feel like families are angry or upset with them all the time and that families don’t value the care the caregiver is providing.
For professional caregiver attraction and retention, it’s critical to help caregivers understand the emotions they’ll feel and encounter when caring for a resident with dementia. The goal is to provide tools to help them best address and manage caregiving in the dementia environment,
These presentations are also valuable to sales and marketing staff so they can bring more empathy and compassion to their conversations with dementia families.
For this audience, Pam’s topics are 45-60 minutes and include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding Dementia and Its Impact on Families
- Bridging the Gap Between Dementia Families and Memory Care
- Taking the Fear Out of Cognitive Symptoms
- What Is Caregiver Role Confusion?
- Managing Families in a Memory Care Residence
- 5 Best Practices for Communicating with Family Members
- How to Manage the Emotional Rollercoaster: Family, Caregiver, and Resident
- Creating a Successful Transition to Assisted Living or Memory Care for All Involved
View Testimonials and Videos Here.
Pam Ostrowski has her Masters degree in Scientific and Technical Communication and is the founder and CEO of Alzheimer’s Family Consulting, LLC. She one of approximately 3100 Certified Senior Advisors (CSAs)® in the country, is a Certified Dementia Practitioner® (CDP ®), and Certified in Dementia Care® (CDC® ).
Ms. Ostrowski is also the author of It’s Not That Simple – Helping Families Navigate the Alzheimer’s Journey View the book on Amazon here!
If you have a specific topic in mind, please reach out to Pam to talk further using the form below.